A Global Filter will be applied on all the widgets within a Dashboard Tab.
Note: If a widget already contains a filter - the Global Filter can only add additional filter (it will not replace the filter)
1. Log in to the BI. Select the Dashboard tab for which you would like the global filter to apply.
2. Click the Edit icon near the "Filters" option on the top of the left hand panel.
An update dashboard filters panel appears.
3. Click Add.
4. Type in a Filter Name.
5. Choose the field type to make it easier to find the field you would like to filter.
6. A list of all your Fileboxes will appear to the right, with a list of available fields to filter under each.
7. A gray plus sign will appear by the fields. Click the plus sign on each filter you would like to add.
8. Once you select the filters you would like to use, they will appear under the filter type.
9. Click Add
10. This panel will close, and the screen will display your global filter. You can either add another, or simply, click "Done".
Your Global Filter now appears on the Dashboard. To see it, the dashboard on which it was set up on must be selected (active).
Click the small black arrow to the right of the filter name to filter all the widgets on the dashboard.