OData is a connector between DataRails' database and Excel, and it can be used to get data from different Fileboxes into Excel.
Access OData by clicking on "Recent Sources" in the Data tab of Excel. Click here to open the set-up manual. Choose the relevant URL and click connect.
OData URL is provided, in case it is not saved in your recent sources: https://app.datarails.io/api/templates/OData.svc
1. A navigating window will open, allowing you to access any table from the Filebox in your Workspace. Please note that:
- The Filebox must have a configuration file in place, in order for the table to show up in the list.
- The naming convention of each table is "Filebox name_config table name_numerical ID"
- Click here to access the article on table types (e.g Full, Cleared)
2. Choose the relevant table or tables from the list shown in the drop-down, and then:
- Load the tables into Excel by clicking on "Load" in the bottom right corner of the window.
- Access additional loading options by clicking on the drop-down button next to "Load"
- You may edit a table before uploading it to Excel. Click on "Edit" in the bottom right corner of the window to access the editing window.
3. Access the queries of an Excel workbook - for editing/refreshing and more.
- In the "Data" tab of Excel, click on the "queries and connections" (or "show queries") icon.
- Right clicking on each table will allow you to edit, refresh, merge etc.