Calculated Field allows creating additional fields using the basic mathematic operators, on the extracted data columns.
To use this feature, start by mapping the columns you wish to calculate and generate a preview. Once the data preview is generated, you can click on the “Calculated Fields” button.
Start by mapping the table or the columns you wish to calculate:
- Select the relevant sheet > Click on “Add Structure” > Choose the column type (header, dimension etc.) > Select the column from the preview area > Click on “OK” > Generate a preview.
- The generated preview
Click on the “Calculated Fields” button to set the new calculated fields
- A pop-up window will open to create the new fields:
- Name the new field
- Set the formula
- 2.a Select the mapped fields you wish to use
- 2.b Add basic mathematic operators (+,-,*,/) for the calculations.
- Note: if the field name has a “/” or other operators in the name, you will not be able to use it for the calculations. To resolve the issue, use the “Map To” field to modify the name (in the main mapper window).
- Save and close the pop-up window
The new field will appear in the generated preview area upon closing the pop-up window