Files that are connected to DataRails instantly have an audit trail and version control. The versions can be compared to one another, tagged and named for identification purposes. The data from these files can also be extracted for dashboard visualizations, consolidation, and automation processes or used in external databases (e.g. SQL).
- Connected files are tracked based on their location and naming convention.
- DataRails keep monitoring files even if DataRails’ application is closed.
- A connected file will have a DataRails icon on the button left corner of the file.
Connect a Single File:
- Once DataRails application is installed:
- Right click on a file
- Select DataRails
- Click on “Connect”
- There are 2 connection options:
Connect to an existing FileBox - Connecting a file as a new version (of a connected file, to an existing FileBox)
Connect - Connect a new file to the system (first version)
Connecting a file to DataRails will create a FileBox in the system (stores all of the file’s versions – file history).
- Activate Date Tags -
- Date Tags ensure that every version saved to DataRails will contain information regarding its Status and Date.
- Status tag will applied to every saved version; “Draft” or “Final”
Connect Multiple Files:
- Select multiple files in a folder and open the “right-click menu”
- Click connect
- Check the files you want to connect