Table of Contents
- Linked map
- Sync User - Set Sync Directories from Admin Panel
- Admin Panel
- Auto Synced Folders - Auto Connect by Regex
- Compare tool - Change compared version
DataRails linked map provides a holistic view of all files and enables to understand how they are all connected together.
A great way to check for links between worksheets is by using DataRals Linked map.
Admin users can go to Admin Panel > Organization > 3 dots menu > Linked map. DataRails will quickly build a diagram that shows how workbooks are linked to each other and to external sources.
In the diagram, you can move the mouse pointer over any node to see a workbook's FileBox and its last modified date.
Sync User - Set Sync Directories from Admin Panel
Admin users can set synced folders from the Devices tab in Admin Panel. This will help admin users to manage the synced folders configuration without IT involvement.
Go to Admin Panel > Devices > Search for Sync User > Click on the 3 dots > Directories
- Add folders that you wish to sync. The folders must be in UNC format. (E.g. \\servername\path) and MUST have read/write access by the Windows user that is running the service.
- SubFolders: When set to ‘true’, the Sync service will sync the folder and all it’s subfolders. Default: true
- AutoSync: Syncs automatically every Excel file located in the folder. If set to ‘false’, the Sync Service will sync only the Excel files chosen by Client App. Default: false
- Include: An option to sync only a specific folder in path. Default: empty
- Exclude: An option to exclude a specific folder in path from syncing. Default: empty
- Status: online - folders are accessible, offline - folders are not accessible, review the permissions settings.
- Delete - remove row
- Check Folder - option to test a single directory permission settings
- Save - apply changes
- The navigation bar has been enhanced for easier access and improved user experience. The new navigation bar is now located on the left side and it can be minimized by clicking on the right navigation border.
- Device menu - Admin users can now send API requests and Remote commands. This helps Admin users to improve users experience without interfering in their ongoing work. Commands list:
- Clear Cache
- Delete local DataBase
- Receive Logs
- ReSync Locations
- Turn On Debug log
- Turn Off Debug log
- Send API Request - App Pooling
- Send API Request - Service Pooling
- New refresh button in all Admin Panel tabs - . Use it to refresh Admin Panel lists (Organizations, users, files etc.)
Auto Synced Folders - Auto Connect by Regex
The auto connector is used to convert synced files to business process. The automatic connector allows users to convert multiple files to one business process in only one systematic configuration. To set an auto connector:
- Go to FileBox Details > Setting tab > Set Auto Connector
- Or go to Admin Panel > FileBoxes > 3 dots menu > Set Auto Connector
- Paste your auto synced folder path and add a file name
- Replace all dates with period buttons (Year, Quarter, Month, Week, Day). Highlight the date in the path box and click on the relevant period button. For example: \\servername\Process\2019\Q3\01\Test20190101.xlsm Should be - \\servername\Process\<Year>\Q<Quarter>\<Month>\Test<Year><Day><Month>.xlsm
- Add list - In case you have a variation in one of the path’s words, you can create a list of acceptable values. For example: Test, Tests, Testing.
- Test - will search and provide a list of matching files found based on the configuration at current path
- Generate - creates a list of predicted match results based on configuration
- Predicted path list
- Predicted dimension list
- Check the box to apply this configuration on existing files
- Save to apply changes
*To set it right on the first time please contact support for a quick training.
Compare tool - Change compared version
New compare capability - change the previous version within the compare tool. This allows users to better analyze the differences between versions without re-compare different versions.
- Click on the rows Icon
- Change the previous version (the current version stays the same)
- Review the different changes